Thursday, August 8, 2013

Late night thoughts

Hi, Salam Hari Raya and happy holidays!

I'm blogging from my bed currently, listening to pity yelpings of puppies outside of my house. The noise is coming through the other side of the fence on the opposite I believe. And the yelping sounds like new born pups. Besides the yelping, there's also a hopeless bark of an adult dog. Pity the new borns have to be born into this world in such a cold night. May all of you stay strong, it'll be warm again once the sun rises! Just like the awaiting long cold night before sunrise, this world is cruel, and only the strongest can survive. Adding to the misery, it begins to drizzle. May prayers will be with you.

Do you know what my favourite weather is? It is right after a downpour, when the air is fresh and moist, the sky clearing, the sun beaming down again, the soil damped, every plant boasting with water droplets, the birds and bugs sing happily again. Everything is lively, so joyful, as compared to the dark sky and horrible storms just moments before.

I love the sky. Staring at the light blue expanse of sky I often wondered in awe how far it goes where the sky starts to darken to mysterious dark blue, then finally to the unknown pitch black,  the colour of outer space. Then I will feel how small, how insignificant my existence is! Our universe is enormous, is there a limit to it? What is there beyond the limit? Why am I here and why not elsewhere? A person's existence is so insignificant and as tiny as an ant to the universe, where u accidentally stepped on and killed the ant, but u won't give the slightest thought about it. No one cares. So why are you still dwelling on small matters? Challenges either bring you down, or build you up. They may seem the world to you today, but it may be just a laughing matter when you look back in the future. Take a deep breath, look at the sky, dust yourself off, and move on. Life goes on, clock ticks away, every beings continue their course of living.

Alright! Time to sleep. Few days for me to spend at home before moving in to new house in Bangsar and begin the new chapter of my life. Gotta enjoy my holiday while I still can!

Sleep tight. x

No comments: